The Section House
The 1920s-era four-room railroad section foreman's house was officially opened with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Saturday April 15, 2006. Dr. Milt Lehr and his wife, Becky, cut the ribbon. They were joined by the donors of the house, DeWayne and Lillian Hodgson and their family, and members of the Waynoka Historical Society and City officials, including the mayor, Charlene Bixler.
Oklahoma Centennial throws were presented to the Lehrs and the Hodgsons, and also to Bill and Charlene Bixler who donated the city lots where the section foreman's house and the log cabin stand.
A rail fan from Stillwater, Lawrence Gibbs, presented the Society with a framed train schedule from the Buffalo Northwestern Railway. Edith was a town on the branch line that ran from Waynoka to Buffalo from about 1919 until 1983.
The railroad section foreman house passing through Freedom, Oklahoma on it's way to Waynoka Station. The house was moved from Edith, north of Freedom.